TIP4kids is a program which helps children who have been emotionally traumatized. By providing support services to children and their parents soon after a crisis event, the TIPS4kids program helps children recover as soon as possible.
Why TIP 4Kids
Children are often 'forgotten victims' after a crisis event. They do not express their feelings and do not ask for the help they need. also, parents and emergency responders are often preoccupied with the crisis at hand.
When concerned parents do become aware of their child's distress, they are often left wondering...
What do I do to help my child?
"I'm so glad TIP was there. My oldest daughter still sleeps with the Honey Bunny she was given at the scene of the accident."
-Mother of a traumatized child
The TIP4kids program can help children and their parents after any type of crisis event. Following are examples of when TIP4kids can be called:
* to help children who have witnessed a horrible event
* to support physically uninjured but emotionally shaken children after a school bus or auto accident
* to support a child after the death of a parent or sibling
* to support children after the sudden death of a friend
* to assist parents who are questioning how they can help their child recover from a crisis event
Call for assistance:
To request on-scene assistance, use the normal process for calling out a TIP volunteer.