EMOTIONAL FIRST AID SEMINAR
Date: Saturday, December 2nd @ 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Location: Portland Fire Training Center
(4800 NE 122nd Avenue, Portland)
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
- Have you wondered what to say to someone during or after a time of crisis?
- All around the country, “Good Samaritan” volunteers are providing immediate emotional and practical support to survivors of traumatic events.
- Don’t have time to commit to volunteer but still want to know what TIP volunteers know?
- This seminar is designed for anyone who wants to learn these life-long valuable skills and will show you how to put compassion into action.
SPECIFIC TOPICS INCLUDED IN THE COURSE
- What to say and what not to say to a survivor of a traumatic event
- How to give a compassionate death notification
- Understanding emotional shock
- The 5 “Emotional First Aid” skills
- What family members need after a sudden death
- Caring vs. Curing
- The one characteristic survivors of tragic events value most
The TIP National Emotional First Aid Course will give you the specific skills needed to assist friends, neighbors, coworkers, peers, clients, family members and strangers immediately following any type of tragedy.
COST: Individual = $99.00 Student with ID = $49.00
PARENTS & STUDENTS/TEENS: Come together! Learn life-long EMOTIONAL First Aid Skills – and how to “just be there” after a traumatic event. Reinforce those “helping” and “caring” values that you teach as a family.
For more information call: 503-823-3937 OR email us at email@example.com.
ABOUT THE SEMINAR LEADER
June Vining is the Founder and Executive Director of Trauma Intervention Program of Portland/Vancouver, Inc. She is a certified “Master Trainer” with TIP and is known nationally for her leadership and training abilities. She started her career with TIP as a volunteer in 1991 and has been with TIP ever since. She has presented Emotional First Aid Training courses across the country to first responders, health care professionals and caring citizens. Her professional, TIP and life experience make this seminar one you can’t afford to miss!
TIP of Portland/Vancouver, Inc., is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring that citizens who have been emotionally traumatized by a tragic event receive the immediate support they need. TIP volunteers across the country are called to emergency scenes by police officers, firefighters, and hospital personnel to comfort those affected by traumatic events